Air Conditioning & Cooling Services
As the temperatures in Bloomington, MN, begin to rise and turn into hot days, it is important to be able to stay cool and comfortable in your own home. During the winter months, your heater works tirelessly day and night, but as the temperatures rise, it’s time to give the heat a break and bring in the cool air. Air conditioning units are becoming less of a luxury and more of a necessity as more homeowners across the nation incorporate them into their homes for cool air circulation.
*Bloomington Heating & Air does not service boilers, hydronic, attic, or high velocity systems.
A properly operating air conditioning system can create a refreshing atmosphere in your home despite the high temperatures outside. Bloomington Heating & Air provides all of your residential cooling needs. Our services include A/C installation, A/C repairs, and scheduled A/C unit maintenance. We also provide a 24/7 emergency A/C repair service in case your unit malfunctions and temperatures begin rising in your home. At Bloomington Heating & Air, we understand how dangerous high temperatures can be in a home, especially for pets, children, and elderly adults. That is why we strive to provide the most reliable and prompt services to repair or replace your A/C unit with the least amount of inconvenience to you and your family.
Air Conditioning Systems
Air conditioning units are the most effective way for cooling your home and promoting adequate air circulation. Air conditioners work by using chemicals called refrigerants that can quickly and easily convert from a gas to a liquid and back again. The refrigerant works by transferring the heat inside of the home to the outside air. At Bloomington Heating & Air we offer various air conditioning units for you to choose from. Whether your old system needs replacement or you are purchasing your first A/C unit for your home, we have the experience, knowledge, and tools for a proper installation. Our services are of the highest degree to ensure quality air conditioning Bloomington residents can rely on.
Bloomington, Minnesota Air Conditioning Repair
Air conditioning units can sometimes experience issues that could leave you in the heat when you need them most. A small problem can often grow and affect an entire unit if it is not addressed early, leading to larger, more costly repairs.
Common issues for A/C repair Bloomington, MN, residents might experience include:
- A/C not blowing air: This can be due to a faulty motor.
- A frozen coil: This can be caused by low amounts of refrigerant.
- Temperature issues: A faulty thermostat can keep a system from cooling properly.
- A/C burning smell: Can be caused by accumulated dust or a faulty motor.
- A/C doesn’t turn on: Can be due to faulty wiring or the motor.
- A/C not blowing sufficient air: Can be caused by dirty filters.
- Leaking: Can happen from a clogged condensate drain.
Whether you own, rent or just moved into a new home, chances are you will need air conditioner repair or installation sooner or later. Prepare by becoming familiarized with the components of your home comfort system and the lingo frequently used by HVAC companies. Some of the most important terms to know are:
- BTU: BTU (British Thermal Unit) is the standard measurement of energy used to either heat or cool. It indicates how effectively a unit can cool a room. Choosing an a/c unit with a BTU appropriate for the size of the room is essential. One with too few BTUs per hour may not be able to cool a space efficiently, while an oversized unit will cycle on and off too quickly, which wastes energy and decreases the ability to dehumidify the room.
- EER/SEER: Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) is the ratio of the cooling capacity of the a/c units in terms of BTUs per hour divided by the number of watts. EERs range from 8 to 11.5. Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is the ratio of cooling delivered by a system (measured in BTUs) to the dollar cost of the electricity to run it (measured in watt-hours). The higher the EER/SEER, the more efficient the unit and the lower the operating cost.
A/C Safety Tips
Many people choose to install or give maintenance to their cooling systems on their own. Some quick, do-it-yourself fixes, such as replacing the air filter regularly or changing the batteries in an electric thermostat, are useful and convenient. However, it’s a good idea to contact professionals for more complex a/c repair in Bloomington, MN, especially if you are not certain about what you should be doing. In any case, make sure you take the necessary precautions and safety measures, such as the following:
- Always unplug units before performing any maintenance tasks, especially when cleaning or repairing near fans and motors.
- Make sure all window units are properly secured to prevent them from falling and potentially causing serious injury or damage to objects below.
- Before installing and plugging in a new unit, check the voltage of the power outlet. If the unit has an irregular plug or requires a higher voltage, call a professional to add an adapter or a circuit, respectively.
A/C Unit Scheduled Maintenance
At Bloomington Heating & Air, we recommend maintenance checkups for your air conditioning unit to ensure everything is working in proper order, especially in the spring before the heavy cooling season. Scheduled maintenance can help prolong the life of your unit, avoid costly repairs, and keep your utility bills low. Contact us today for a Bloomington air conditioning repair, A/C unit installation, general A/C maintenance, and all your other cooling service needs.